A VISA debit card is available to members who have a share draft account. This debit card is accepted at all VISA merchants/banks and CO-OP Network ATMs around the world. This card also provides you with our check guarantee to cash checks easily.
If you have lost your debit card or it has been stolen, please call 800.528.2273.
If you need to change your debit card PIN, please call 800.851.4859.
If you are planning on traveling outside the United States, please notify us about your travels due to a heightened amount of international fraud. Please call 719.482.7600 or 800.555.6665 or email ContactUs@Aventa.com.
Whether paying at the pump, making purchases online or withdrawing cash for a night out, debit cards are used for a variety of everyday purposes. Aventa Credit Union gives you the option of having a dual-use debit card that allows you to make both signature and PIN transactions to access your money for purchases or cash withdrawals. It's your choice. Learn more...
Debit cards also can be used to pay certain bills online or over the phone, without providing or entering your personal identification number (PIN). Examples of such payments – also known as "direct debits" – include utility bills, mortgage payments, government and educational payments and insurance premiums. PIN-less debit bill payment offers a secure payment option, combined with the convenience of paying with a debit card.
Different from credit cards and safer than carrying cash, debit cards allow you to make purchases that are directly deducted from your checking account. It’s your money and no one else’s. No bills, no interest fees and no monthly payments. You spend what you have when you want. Learn more...
When cash is stolen out of your wallet, you almost never receive your money back and there is very little you can do to retrieve it. However, a benefit of debit cards is that there are safety measures you can and should take to limit your liability for stolen funds.
The Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Act establishes rights and liabilities of consumers, as well as the responsibilities of credit union. The EFT Act outlines the conditions under which you may be held responsible for unauthorized use of your debit card. It’s important to note, when it comes to liability for unauthorized use of your debit card, Aventa Credit Union has adopted zero cardholder liability policies.
Many people believe security measures should be taken only during transactions or other financial-related situations; however, there are a number of things you can do in your everyday life to ensure the protection of all of your personal information. Learn more...
While debit and credit cards look alike, the two are very different from one another. To clear things up, here are the details:
- Available to virtually all checking account holders, as well as many share draft, savings and other accounts.
- Draw money directly from your checking account, helping you keep track of your daily spending.
- No additional processing or future bill payments are required on your part, which means no interest payments.
- Offers two forms of security options: PIN-based and/or signature-based transactions.
- Debit cards are covered under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, also known as "Regulation E."
- More and more financial institutions are offering rewards for using your debit card.
- Adults 18 years or older can build their credit by using a credit card.
- Purchases are charged against a pre-approved line of credit.
- Allows you the flexibility to make monthly payments for purchases over an extended time period.
- Signature is the dominant form of transaction authorization in the U.S. However, some credit cards allow for PIN-based cash advances at ATMs.
- Credit cards are covered under the Truth in Lending Act.
- Many credit card companies offer you rewards for making purchases with your card.